The global aviation chemicals market reached a remarkable valuation of USD 5,739.9 million in 2022, marking a significant milestone in the industrys recovery from the challenges posed by the COVID-19 pandemic. Europe and North America dominated the market with a combined share of approximately 50 percent. A new report forecasts robust growth for the aviation chemicals market, with expectations to reach USD 6,112.3 million by 2023 and a staggering USD 10,741.4 million by 2033, at a compelling Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 5.8 percent.
The aviation industry relies on specialized chemicals for aircraft manufacturing, maintenance, and repair, encompassing lubricants, paints, coatings, coolants, cleaning chemicals, adhesives, and sealants. Despite facing a significant downturn in 2020 due to global lockdowns and travel restrictions caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, the market swiftly rebounded as restrictions were lifted.
The impressive growth witnessed in 2022 indicates that the aviation chemicals market is poised to return to pre-pandemic levels by 2023, with promising prospects for continued growth in the years ahead. The ongoing necessity for aircraft maintenance and enhanced safety measures act as primary drivers for this projected expansion.
However, challenges such as a shortage of skilled labor, high aircraft maintenance costs, stringent regulations, and limited raw material availability could hinder industry growth. Addressing these challenges is imperative for industry players seeking to capitalize on growth opportunities and maximize revenue.
Key Report Findings
- The global aviation chemicals market reached a valuation of USD 5,739.9 million in 2022.
- A robust CAGR of 5.8 percent is projected between 2023 and 2033.
- Increased air passenger traffic and government support initiatives offer significant growth potential.
- Increasing Awareness of the Benefits of Aircraft Maintenance: Aircraft surfaces and engine components accumulate contaminants with each flight, necessitating specialized chemicals for maintenance. Lubricants play a critical role in reducing friction and ensuring proper functionality. Aviation chemicals also protect engine parts from rust and corrosion while maintaining a clean exterior. Heightened awareness of these benefits is expected to drive demand for aviation chemicals in the forecasted period.
- Ensuring Passenger Safety: Aviation chemicals are vital for enhancing passenger safety during air travel. Statistics reveal an annual average of 70 to 90 airplane crashes globally. Implementing safety measures, such as using aircraft chemicals on windshields to improve visibility and prevent crashes, is expected to increase the demand for these chemicals.
- Increasing Consumer Disposable Income: The rising disposable income of the upper-middle class is a key driver for industry growth. As incomes grow, air passenger traffic is expected to increase, making air travel more affordable. This, in turn, will boost the demand for quality aviation chemicals to maintain and prepare aircraft fleets for flights.
- Surge in Tourism: Improved amenities and competitive airfare have led to a surge in international tourism, driving the demand for new aircraft. This presents a significant opportunity for the aviation chemicals industry as a larger fleet of aircraft requires more maintenance chemicals.
- Supportive Government Initiatives: The Asia Pacific region benefits from increasing foreign direct investments and supportive government initiatives, fostering an environment conducive to aviation sector growth. This is expected to accelerate the demand for aviation chemicals and cleaning tools in the region.
- Strict Industry Regulations: Industry regulations set by organizations such as REACH in Europe, OSHA, EPA, and others are stringent and encompass handling, shipping, and exposure of aviation chemicals. Compliance with these regulations is essential, as mishandling of these chemicals can pose health and environmental risks.
- Lack of a Skilled Workforce: The aviation industry requires qualified, certified professionals well-versed in using aviation chemicals. A shortage of skilled experts poses a challenge to industry growth.
Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2023-2030 By Product, Technology, Grade, Application, End-user, Region: (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America and Middle East and Africa) https://www.fairfieldmarketresearch.com/report/aviation-chemicals-market
Fairfield Market Research is a UK-based market research provider. Fairfield offers a wide spectrum of services, ranging from customized reports to consulting solutions. With a strong European footprint, Fairfield operates globally and helps businesses navigate through business cycles, with quick responses and multi-pronged approaches. The company values an eye for insightful take on global matters, ably backed by a team of exceptionally experienced researchers. With a strong repository of syndicated market research reports that are continuously published & updated to ensure the ever-changing needs of customers are met with absolute promptness.
Fairfield Market Research
UK +44 (0)20 30025888
USA (Toll-free) +1 (844) 3829746
This press release first seen on Brilad
Disclaimer: The views, suggestions, and opinions expressed here are the sole responsibility of the experts. No Gio News UK journalist was involved in the writing and production of this article.