Columbia, TN – Many people think their primary care physician can handle all issues. While this might be true to some degree, specialists exist for a reason. Just as a geriatric physician understands the unique needs of aging patients, a podiatrist has undergone extensive training and is an expert in all things related to foot and ankle pain and surgery. Since the feet and ankles are such complex instruments, there are certain conditions that may warrant a trip to the podiatrist.
Dr. Danielle Malin is a foot and ankle specialist located in Columbia, TN, with her own clinic, Premier Foot & Ankle Care. She has extensive knowledge in the treatment of the feet and ankles. Dr. Malin is a member of the Tennessee Podiatric Medical Association, Fellow of the American College of Foot & Ankle Surgeons, and is Board Certified by the American Board of Foot & Ankle Surgery. Her years of experience as an adult and pediatric podiatrist have given her unique insight into the treatment of foot and ankle issues.
While Dr. Danielle Malin respects the hard work of general practitioners, she explains that there are some instances when people should seek podiatric treatment. A few of these include:
- Plantar warts. Plantar warts are painful warts that develop on the bottom of the feet when viruses enter through tiny fissures in the skin. They are caused by the human papillomavirus, a usually benign and common virus that is transmitted though skin-to-skin contact; it is also the same virus that causes genital warts. Over-the-counter remedies can help, but a podiatrist can offer additional options, such as professional freezing or surgery.
- Achilles tendinitis treatment. Achilles tendinitis is typified by pain and tenderness, which may be severe. At-home treatment includes the use of anti-inflammatory drugs along with rest, ice, compression, and elevation. A podiatrist can evaluate this type of injury and offers splinting, bracing, or manual therapy.
- Bunion treatment. A bunion is an uncomfortable lump that develops on the foot at the base of the big toe. It may be caused by arthritis, wearing tight shoes, or other foot stress. Bunion treatment often includes surgery and shoe padding.
- Plantar fasciitis surgery. Plantar fasciitis can cause a sharp stabbing pain at the heel, which is often worse in the morning. Steroid injections, shoe inserts, or surgery may be necessary.
- Warmth, tingling, and swelling in the feet and toes. Swelling anywhere on the feet, ankles, or toes could indicate any number of problems, including arthritis or trauma. A podiatrist can evaluate these symptoms and offer treatment options.
- Diabetes. People with diabetes are prone to foot problems, including gangrene. It’s recommended that diabetic people have a healthy relationship with their podiatrist and schedule a visit at least once each year.
- Strains, breaks, and fractures. A broken foot, ankle, or toe is no walk in the park. Dr. Danielle Malin can help ease swelling and pain while reducing the chances of deformity or functional issues during the healing process.
- Flat feet. Flat feet happen when the arches of the foot fall and no longer support the weight of the body in a healthy way. Unfortunately, flat feet can cause a great deal of musculoskeletal pain and can cause an individual to have poor posture. A podiatrist can offer flat feet treatment that returns normality to a person’s gait.
These and other foot and ankle-related problems deserve the special care and attention that only a licensed podiatrist can provide. Dr. Danielle Malin offers these services and more at her practice, Premier Foot & Ankle Care. The office is located in Columbia, Tennessee, and Dr. Malin even offers house calls for patients within a 15 mile radius of her office.
Premier Foot & Ankle Care
1412 Trotwood Avenue, Suite 39
Disclaimer: The views, suggestions, and opinions expressed here are the sole responsibility of the experts. No Gio News UK journalist was involved in the writing and production of this article.
“Miryam and Yosep. The nativity novel” by the Italian writer Paolo Ballardini
PlagiarismCheck’s research revealed that Google AI chatbot Bard can generate plagiarism
Unleashing Comfort in Birmingham: HVAC Home Pros – Air Conditioning Repair and Installation, the Ultimate Go-to HVAC Company